Fujitsu and Wakayama Medical College commence joint trials for millimeter-wave sensor to detect falls of elderly patients
TOKYO, Nov 21, 2022 – (JCN Newswire) – Fujitsu and Wakayama Medical College at the present time announced the commence of joint trials of a technology to improve nurses and caregivers in visually monitoring patients in privateness-sensitive contexts, alongside side clinical institution rooms and nursing companies. The technology leverages Fujitsu’s technique for accurately estimating postures of the human body using a millimeter-wave sensor and Fujitsu’s “Actlyzer”(1) AI technology for prognosis of advanced human behaviors. The utilize of a millimeter-wave sensor to amass point cloud files and no cameras, Fujitsu’s technology will abet to improve nurses and caregivers to show screen patients and attain a sooner response to emergency scenarios alongside side falls and imaginable serious injuries while making sure patients’ privateness.
Fujitsu will analyze files obtained thru the trials and further refine its technology in accordance with prognosis outcomes evaluated by Wakayama Medical College, drawing on the Wakayama Medical College’s files from the clinical field.In accordance to those outcomes, the two parties intention to give a millimeter-wave sensor carrier for privateness-conscious monitoring to hospitals and nursing companies in fiscal 2023. In the end, the two parties hope to make a contribution to improve of us’s lives by realizing an environment by which elderly of us can revel in bigger independence and privateness with out sacrificing their non-public safety.
Expertise to make a contribution to lowering the likelihood of serious injuries for the elderly
In fiscal 2021, the Japan Hospital Affiliation(2) counted a total of 290 falls month-to-month at 18 hospitals in Japan. Even supposing these numbers spotlight the likelihood of falls and injuries of elderly of us and the necessity for affected person monitoring, monitoring applied sciences using cameras remain subtle to put in in highly deepest areas equivalent to hospitals and nursing homes.
To take care of this bother, Fujitsu and Wakayama Medical College started joint trials at right companies for the elderly to make a contribution to lowering the likelihood of serious injuries equivalent to bone fractures by supporting nurses and caregivers in monitoring patients and achieving a sooner response to emergency scenarios while making sure patients’ privateness.
About the joint demonstration trials
1. Trial interval:
November 21, 2022 – March 31, 2024
(1) Demonstration of monitoring technology using millimeter wave sensor
– Demonstration trials of Fujitsu’s technology for accurately estimating postures of the human body from point cloud files using a millimeter-wave sensor (announced in July 2022) alongside with Fujitsu’s “Actlyzer” AI technology for prognosis of advanced human behaviors to examine that the applied sciences are ready to detect actions of the human body equivalent to falls while maintaining the privateness of patients
(2) Files measurement in some unspecified time in the future of trials with elderly of us
– Demonstration trials at hospitals and nursing homes with elderly patients and those who require nursing care; assortment of point cloud files of patients’ postures using a millimeter wave sensor put in within the companies and utilization of Fujitsu’s monitoring technology to detect actions that can end result in falls
– Evaluate whether or now not the intention is ready to accurately detect patients’ postures by comparing take a look at outcomes with logs from drag sensors put in spherical patients’ beds(3) and files of cameras(4) put in for the demonstration trials
(3) Deliver of carrier for privateness-conscious monitoring
– Fujitsu will analyze particular body actions that end result in falls in accordance with point cloud files obtained with a millimeter-wave sensor point cloud files doesn’t consist of any non-public files of patients’ and is thus moreover suited for highly deepest areas
– Wakayama Medical College would possibly well per chance occupy in tips Fujitsu’s technology in accordance with the outcomes of Fujitsu’s prognosis in accordance with its files from the clinical field; in accordance with the review outcomes, Fujitsu will further make stronger its monitoring technology so that you just can give a privateness-conscious monitoring technology for hospitals and nursing companies in Japan by the raze of fiscal 2023
3. Roles and obligations:
Provision of monitoring technology, files assortment and prognosis, improvements in accordance with technical review
Wakayama Medical College
technical review from the perspective of clinical discover and course of technical improvement
(1) Conduct analytics technology Actlyzer :
Expertise commercialized as Fujitsu’s AI technology for video-essentially essentially based behavioral prognosis resolution “FUJITSU Technical Computing Resolution GREENAGES Citywide Surveillance” to acknowledge human actions.
(2) All Japan Hospital Affiliation :
Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; Head: Yuji Inokuchi. Document of the desire of falls of patients at taking part hospitals in FY 2021: www.ajha.or.jp/hms/qualityhealthcare/indicator/42/ (in Eastern)
(3) Poke sensor :
A application to raze falls and uncontrolled walking spherical of patients in hospitals and companies. There are two forms of sensors: one that makes utilize of infrared gentle to detect a particular person’s actions, and one that makes utilize of a matte sensor or a bed sensor to detect a particular person’s actions.
(4) Cameras are most efficient put in in some unspecified time in the future of the demonstration trials. The technology itself doesn’t utilize cameras.
Fujitsu’s reason is to carry out the sphere extra sustainable by building belief in society thru innovation. Because the digital transformation partner of desire for purchasers in over 100 countries, our 124,000 workers work to uncover to the bottom of just among the supreme challenges facing humanity. Our vary of companies and alternate suggestions intention on five key applied sciences: Computing, Networks, AI, Files & Safety, and Converging Applied sciences, which we collect to bring sustainability transformation. Fujitsu Miniature (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.6 trillion yen (US$32 billion) for the fiscal 12 months ended March 31, 2022 and stays the raze digital companies firm in Japan by market share. Uncover extra: www.fujitsu.com.
About Wakayama Medical College
Wakayama Medical College, as a comprehensive clinical college, is fascinated about both instructing and researching key files and in creating superior, specialised and highly-qualified tutorial professionals who are affluent in humanity and with the supreme ethical requirements.
Our mission is to make a contribution to the improvement of the assign by meeting the expectations of the electorate of Wakayama, by advancing regional clinical care, and by contributing to the improvement of human health and welfare. www.wakayama-med.ac.jp/english/index.html
Copyright ©2022 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate Files Community.