Hyperkalemia is the clinical term that describes a potassium stage in your blood that’s greater than traditional. Potassium is a chemical that is serious to the characteristic of nerve and muscle cells, including those in your heart.
Your blood potassium stage is mostly 3.6 to five.2 millimoles per liter (mmol/L). Having a blood potassium stage greater than 6.0 mmol/L might well perhaps be harmful and customarily requires prompt treatment.
From Mayo Sanatorium to your inbox
Register for free, and now no longer sleep to this level on research advancements, smartly being guidelines and present smartly being subjects, delight in COVID-19, plus journey on managing smartly being.
To present you with the most linked and invaluable info, and understand which
info is priceless, we might well merely mix your email and web put of living usage info with
other info now we bear about you. Whenever you occur to’re a Mayo Sanatorium affected person, this would perhaps
consist of valid smartly being info. If we mix this info alongside with your valid
smartly being info, we’ll contend with all of that info as valid smartly being
info and might well merely best possible exercise or repeat that info as enlighten forth in our gape of
privateness practices. You are going to merely decide-out of email communications at any time by clicking on
the unsubscribe hyperlink within the electronic mail.
Nov. 08, 2022
- What is hyperkalemia? Nationwide Kidney Basis. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/recount/what-hyperkalemia. Accessed Oct. 4, 2017.
- Potassium, serum. Mayo Clinical Laboratories. https://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/81390.%20Accessed%20Oct.%201. Accessed Oct. 4, 2017.
- Potassium. American Affiliation for Clinical Chemistry. https://labtestsonline.org/thought/analytes/potassium/tab/test/. Accessed Oct. 4, 2017.
- Mount DB. Space off and evaluation of hyperkalemia in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 4, 2017.
- Hyperkalemia. Merck Handbook Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/skilled/endocrine-and-metabolic-disorders/electrolyte-disorders/hyperkalemia. Accessed Oct. 4, 2017.
- Wilkinson JM (skilled belief). Mayo Sanatorium, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 11, 2017.